Every vehicle driver should be able to troubleshoot the vehicle. The same concept applies to hoverboards too. While our products are carefully manufactured, there might a few faults which could lead to trouble. As a rider, you should be able to fix your product without having to involve us. However, if you’re not able to solve the problem, you should contact us through the Contact page on our website.
Here are the most common troubleshooting tips:
1) Consistent vibration on the hoverboard – why it happens, and what you can do about it. Ideally, your hoverboard should not vibrate at all. It should run smoothly at all times. Constant vibration could indicate one of two things or both:
- I. The minimum weight requirement is not met: The minimum weight limit for riding on a hoverboard is 25 kg. If the rider weighs less than 25 kg, the board will start to vibrate.
- II. Loss of calibration/Disturbance on balance pads: The other reason could be that the balance of the hoverboard was thrown off due to a sudden movement. To stop vibration in this situation, all you need to do is reset the board, and then try standing up while evenly distributing your pressure across the pressure pads on the board.
2) Are you charging your hoverboard properly? The batteries that we provide with the hoverboard are rechargeable. You can charge your hoverboard using the charging cable provided with the packaging. Charging the hoverboard is quite simple. All you have to do is plug in the charger into a power socket, and insert the other end in the charging port on the hoverboard. A small, red colored light will come up near the battery case, which indicates that the hoverboard is charging. The red light turns to green when the battery pack is fully charged. It is recommended that you charge your hoverboard for a couple of hours at a time. Charging your hoverboard for extended periods can lead to loss of battery power. Therefore, charging a hoverboard overnight is a strict no-no.
3) Beeping sounds and flashing lights – what’s happening? There are two reasons your hoverboard could be beeping and flashing red lights:
- I. There was unexpected and sudden dismounting. This means that you either jumped off the hoverboard or fell off the hoverboard. This causes the calibration system to go bonkers, which results in continuous beeping. The flashing red lights are a way of warning other people on the road. To solve this issue, you need to hit the reset button the hoverboard. This solves your problem.
- II. Another reason for beeping could be the speed alarm: Our hoverboards come with a built-in speed alarm which beeps when you go above 10 km/h. If you hear beeping while riding the board, you need to slow down a little till the beeping stops.
4) Hoverboard not switching ON – what you can do: Low battery levels could cause the hoverboard to not switch on. To check if the battery is the issue, plug-in charger in the hoverboard and charge it for a couple of hours. This should do the trick, and your hoverboard will get switched on. If that doesn’t work, there is likely some defect with the hoverboard. Get in touch with us through the Contact page, and let one of our executives take care of it for you.